New Goals for a New Year (2019)
(pic taken from Pinterest)
I know you've probably read tons of people's goals for the new year but I just wanted to share my goals and thoughts for 2019! I cannot lie to you guys and say that 2018 was the best year yet and that it will be hard to beat. 2018 was hard on our family. Although I am so so thankful and blessed for my family's health and I have not forgotten our many blessings for the year it's still been a tough one.
I am really looking forward to see where the Lord takes me and my family in 2019! Here are a few of my goals for the year. Am I the only one that doesn't like to call them resolutions? These are not in any order of importance but maybe this can encourage you to set your own attainable goals for the year.
1. Do an at-home work out twice a week. This may seem like a ridiculously small goal but I know that I need to get into the habit of starting my day off that way. I used to do pure barre at 5 A.M. and although it was KILLER, it really set me off on a good foot for the rest of the day.
2. Devote more quiet time with the Lord. Let's be honest, we are all guilty of skipping out on something in our morning routine just to get those extra 20 minutes of sleep. My goal is to not do that so often and to be more consistent with my morning devotionals.
3. Visit somewhere new! I love adding this one knowing I'll definitely be able to cross this one off my list. Eric and I plan on visiting Puerto Rico later this year.
4. Save more money. Part of the 2018 family struggles we had were financial to be totally honest. A hurricane put a tree through our roof, all the while our AC unit broke and needed completely replaced. All that to say that our finances took a hit. I'd like to make up for that AND then some this year!
5. Read at least three books. Gotta be honest, I'm a movie/TV kind of girl. I love to de-stress and unwind by watching TV and eating dessert. So reading three books will actually be a big goal to hit for me haha
6. Cut my sugar intake. I'm pretty sure I run on coffee and sugar. I'm not proud to admit that but I have a HUGE sweet tooth that always seems to win in the battle of the wills. I'm determined to cut my sugar intake by at least half.
7. A blogging goal would be to reach 20K this year. If this doesn't happen I definitely won't beat myself up but it would be a great professional goal to hit!
8. HAVE MORE GRACE. On myself, others, and my kids.