All You Need to Know About the Nordstrom Sale
This sale has easily become my favorite sale of the year. I fell in love with it before I even decided to start blogging! I have always loved seeing all the new items on sale and living through bloggers as they posted their favorite items and did try-ons! Now, I hope to be of some help to you guys!
The sale can easily become overwhelming if you don't do at least a little bit of planning beforehand. So, let me back up and explain this sale in case you're not entirely sure what it's all about.
The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is an annual sale where TONS of clothing, shoes, accessories, home items, beauty, men's clothing and children's clothing are marked down! Some items are marked down significantly. I already have my eye on a beauty item that will be marked down by $100!
Now, the mark-downs are not last year's style or even summer items that are going to be retired after the season. Almost all of the items on sale are from the upcoming fall/winter season which makes it so exciting for me personally!
The Early Access (this is for card holders only) starts July 12 at 12:30 ET and goes through July 18.
The sale is open to the public starting July 19- Aug 5.
Items I'll be going for:
1. A classic pair of black booties
2. A plaid blazer. I noticed A LOT of plaid in the catalog this year and I am all for it.
3. The Halogen and BP classic sweaters. I am going to try and focus on a lot of staple and casual pieces this year. As you may all know by now, I tend to gravitate to the more "extra" items haha but i'm trying to keep my purchases this year more casual.
4. Topshop items. Topshop usually has a lot on sale during this time! Last year their chunky knit cardigan was a huge seller.
5. The leopard BP cardigan...because I can't keep it ALL simple haha!
6. Adidas t-shirts for an athleisure look. I already have a peach and white one that I have my eye on.
7. I am looking into the GloPRO microneedling regeneration tool. This set is pricey but will be marked down by $100 so I'm debating on taking the plunge.
Three Tips for Navigating the Sale:
1. Plan ahead. I would go through you closet and make a mental note (or an actual list if you're like me) of items you might be lacking for the next season.
2. Thoroughly look through the catalog to get a sense of what will be on sale.
3. Follow along with some of your favorite bloggers to see items styled and tried on before you purchase. Chances are most of the bloggers you follow are card holders and will have early access. Many of the large accounts also get the full catalog in advanced and are even sent some of the clothes early to show to their readers/followers! That's a little industry secret for ya!
I hope my rambling and tips and tricks help you out during this year's sale! Happy Shopping!!